Treasure Valley Processing Ctr

Organization Name: Health & Welfare, Division of Welfare
(Show others in Organization)
1720 Westgate Dr
Boise, ID 83704
Phone: 208-334-6700
Fax: 208-334-6912
Eligibility: Eligibility for the Self-Reliance programs is based on an individual's or family's income and resources.
Services Provided: Applications may be requested in person or by telephone, but must be submitted in writing. Call the 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine to have an application packet mailed (dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588). Self-Reliance programs include:

**Cash Assistance (TAFI, Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho) provides cash assistance to low income families with children. Adults have a 24-month lifetime limit. Adult participants must seek employment, training, or educational opportunities as a condition of eligibility. Pregnant women with no other children will be eligible for TAFI only if there is a medical condition that prevents work and they are in the last trimester of pregnancy. Unmarried minors with children will be required to live at home with the minor's parents unless good cause exists.

** Food Stamps provide food benefits necessary for good health and nutrition to low-income households and to stabilize seasonal and low-income labor markets.

**Child Care. The Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP) subsidizes child care costs of low-income families who are working, looking for work, attending training or educational programs, or need preventive services. Qualifying families will then be directed to the ICCP referral program, to be linked with a licensed childcare provider. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588. Benefits are based on a sliding-fee scale.

**Idaho Medicaid Benefit Plans. Medicaid now does more to improve your health, find new health problems early, and manage current health problems. If you are eligible for Medicaid, you will get benefits based on your health needs. The following are the plans available and benefits that you will receive with each one of them.
- Medicaid Basic Plan. - it is for healthy low-income children and adults with eligible dependent children. This plan provides complete health, prevention, and wellness benefits for children and adults who don't have special health needs. Most Medicaid participants will be enrolled in this benefit plan.
- Medicaid Enhanced Plan. - It is for individuals with disabilities or special health needs. This plan includes all the benefits in the Basic Plan, plus additional benefits.

Existing programs will continue to remain in place after July, 2006:
1. The Pregnant Women and Children (PWC) plan provides medical assistance for qualifying women with medically verified pregnancy.
2. ''CHIP'' as a benefit plan (both CHIP A and CHIP B) is no longer a current name. Children who are eligible for the new plans because they fall within the income brackets for the State Children's Health Insurance Program (Title XXI), will be enrolled in Idaho Medicaid and one of the two above mentioned benefit plans.
3. Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Plan (QMB) limited to Medicare paid services only.

**The Children's Access Card is a premium assistance program administered in partnership with Idaho insurance carriers. An eligible child qualifies for up to $100 per month in premium assistance or up to $300 per month for families with three or more children.

**Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (AABD) provides cash assistance and medical coverage to Idahoans with low-income who are 65 years of age or older, or are blind or disabled (disability must be verified by the Social Security Administration).

**Telephone Assistance. A program for the elderly or disabled (based on income) which helps pay telephone installation costs and monthly telephone service. To apply, you must complete an application at your local Health and Welfare office or Community Action Agency.

**Emergency Assistance (EA)--Provides help for individuals (with a child in the home) in need of work related services which could include tools, expenses related to transportation, clothing, etc.

**Quest Card/EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer)--Food Stamps, Child Support and Welfare Cash Payments run through the Quest card.

The Self-Reliance Program is administered by the Division of Welfare.
Source: Idaho Careline 211
Last Updated: 10/31/2018